What I’m reading: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond. I’ll probably end up writing a blog about this book- amazing and devastating all at once.
Interesting articles from the week:
- Books for every time in your life: http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/librarians-recommend-the-books-you-should-read-in-each-decade-of-your-life/ss-AAlyyDh?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1
- A great feature from the New York Times on reinvigorating your career: http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/01/business/best-time-to-retune-career.html?contentCollection=smarter-living&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
- How to save more money for travel, because we all want to travel more, right? http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/travel/save-money-budget-travel-2017.html?contentCollection=smarter-living&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
- After you’ve saved more money, here’s a great list of places to travel: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/travel/places-to-visit.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=mini-moth®ion=top-stories-below&WT.nav=top-stories-below
- Some ideas to simplify your tech life: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/technology/personaltech/five-resolutions-to-simplify-your-tech-life.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&moduleDetail=inside-nyt-region-2&module=inside-nyt-region®ion=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region
Here’s the blogs you might have missed from Silicon|Sutra this week:
- Our guide to resolutions, a little extra help on resolutions, apps to lose weight, run more, read more and get your finances in shape.
- A book review of Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris- highly recommended!
Have a great week!